Guess Which BB Cream I Wore at the Metallica Concert–and lasted the whole night(!)
BB Creams have been heralded as the all-in-one makeup that you will ever need (primer included). Unfortunately, for women with sensitive and oily skin like me, the usual dewy effect it gives somehow morphs into that shiny, oily face look by midday. There’s also the scented kind that’s not very friendly to sensitive skin, no matter how big the fonts that say “hypoallergenic” on the labels are.
What’s the difference between BB Cream and CC Cream? Well, they did say CC Cream takes BB Creams to another level where color correction is concerned. We’ll tackle that in a separate post later on.
So, I’ve tried so many BB/CC Creams these past months:
- Rachel K CC Cream – gave me that dewy look and it evened out my skin tone but since I have oily skin, the dewy turned a bit oily by lunch time. You can use MAC’s blotting powder to reduce shine. Verdict: It’s my one of my favourite BB/CC Creams.
- Dr. Ci:Labo BB Perfect Cream White 377+ – perfect matte finish and it’s my second favourite but I think I got the wrong shade because it made me look too white.
- Heroine Make BB Cream – my face became oily by lunch time and it’s just not for me.
- YSL Top Secrets All-in-One BB Cream – good coverage, lasted me 5 hours before I needed retouching. The thing is, since it’s YSL, it’s more expensive, y’know.
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Multi-Targeted BB Cream - smells too good for my sensitive skin. It made me look too white so I guess the shade was wrong.
- Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying with SPF 50 PA+++ –This is currently my top favourite! I used this when I went to the Metallica: Live in Singapore concert last Saturday, Aug. 24. I applied it at around 3PM and I only needed retouching at midnight–with just a facial tissue. At first it smelled a bit like caramel and then there’s something that smells like iron but heck, if it has good coverage and it lasted me the whole day, I’m so fine with it.
And I still have to try L’EGERE Water Drop Shiny Pearl BB CREAM, Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 and Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream next week. These 3 have created quite a stir in the BB Cream arena. I’ll update this list in my quest to find the ultimate all-in-one make up.
Any great BB Cream that you know and I’ve failed to mention, let me know.